Dr. Robert D. Goldstein graduated with his medical degree in 1977 from Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania. Dr. Goldstein has been in practice for over 25 years. He is Associate Professor of surgery division of plastic and reconstructive Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and was Director of the Plastic Surgery Division at the Jack D. Weiler Hospital/Montefiore Medical Center from 1989 to 2005. By being on the teaching staff of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Goldstein is an educator of future generations of plastic surgeons. Dr. Goldstein’s experience is extensive in the field of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, including surgery of the , face, nose, breast and abdomen. He is the recipient of numerous awards including the Leo M. Davidoff Award and the Montefiore Staff and Alumni Award.
He is the author of 13 articles, 8 book chapters, and over 40 presentations at national and international meetings.
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand, 1990
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate, 1985
- American Board of Surgery, Diplomate, 1984
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate, 1984
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate, 1978
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Association For Hand Surgery
- American Burn Association
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons New York State Medical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Bronx Chapter, American College of Surgeons (Past President)
- Past President New York State Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Associate Professor, Department of Surgery Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center
Fellowships and Honors:
- Annual Outstanding House Staff Physicians' Award
- Montefiore Medical CenterStaff and Alumni Association
- The Leo M. Davidoff Award for Outstanding Achievement as House Staff Office in the Teaching of Medical Students
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Wilkes College Biology Department Research Award
Dr. Goldstein has been recognized by New York Magazine as one of the best plastic surgeons for the past 4 years. He was the director of plastic surgery at the Weiler Hospital, Montefiore Medical Center from 1989-2005.